Saturday 22 March 2014

Avon Campaign 6 Mini-Haul

Hi guys,

So I hope you are having a great weekend! I had planned to publish this post on Friday however I've been so caught up with work and so tired once I get home that I haven't been able to put it together till now. All images seen below were taken from Google.


The best way to create a flawless finish is to use good brushes. There are so many brands out there that we can sometimes fall into the trap of spending ludicrous amounts of money. 

I had previously bought a make up brush set off ebay but found that the bristles were quite rough and I wasn't able to transfer the make up efficiently onto my face. I already have a Real Techniques face brush which is amazing at buffing any foundation into your face and would have purchased more however the price isn't quite economically friendly.


So I've purchased four new brushes which I am quite happy with. Below is an image of the current range of make up brushes by Avon.


I've purchased Number 1, face brush, Number 3, blush brush, Number 7, retractable brush and also the concealer brush as seen below. 


Before the bristles were all black and seemed stiffer. This new range seems to have a new DNA altogether. I was quite surprised with the retractable lip brush. An ingenious bit of architecture which will help preserve the bristles. 


You actually have to push the brush outwards for the lip brush to pop out. Mind you I was a bit confused at first as I couldn't figure it out. :S Soon solved that problem. The other brushes have a flimsy plastic brush guard which I am using to keep the bristles intact and will have to do for now. I might invest in a brush roll to keep them stored.

I also purchased a new blush and two new lipsticks. I have a sneaky suspicion that coral is going to the new trend this season. Color Trend, designed for the younger ladies, has some fun coloured items and I chose the blusher in Flora and lipstick in Smoochable. 

The Color Trend lipsticks have a new bullet design which is quite cute and the colour is a nice pinky tone. Not too in your face so it is perfect for the office.





The Ultra Colour Lipstick Satin in Ripe Papaya is a gorgeously creamy lipstick in a corally tone. All Avon lipsticks have the brand name embossed into the lipstick bullet which is a nice touch. 

Lastly the blush I chose it also a corally tone. I will always love the bronzed beauty look but this summer it will all be about expressing youth and vitality. 
I have been searching for a foundation for ages and have tried Avon foundations, Wake Me Up and even a MAC foundation. The best tip I have learnt from the Youtube Make up Guru's is that our skin is made up of different tones and no one shade will ever truly fit. The CC cream I bought is in the shade Nude. It is just rightly balanced all I need now is something to wear underneath to diminish the redness which occurs naturally in my skin and even more so from the blemishes on my cheeks. Once my e.l.f order arrives I will be able to put that to the test. 
All in all I am quite content with this lot and will look to use them more often. Within the next few days I should get my e.l.f order and am excited about the Spring Collection as I have no idea what this collection consists of. 

"It is never selfish nor vain to create the best version of yourself for yourself"


No comments:

Post a Comment