Thursday 13 March 2014

March Birchbox

It has arrived! Yes, my March Lulu Guiness colaboration box has arrived. Right now I am enjoying some music from Paolo Nutini and some stripy candy that was included this monthly box.


So to help welcome Spring all Birchbox subscribers received the following goodies...

  • £20 off voucher on any purchases over £100 online or at any Lulu Guinness store. 
  • Voucher to try the new Gimme Brow by Benefit and get a Makeupper? 
  • Small sample of Christopher Wicks English Laundry No. 7 scent.
  • Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose Replenishing Hand Cream
  • Benefit's Stay Don't Stray primer in the shade Light/Medium
  • Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Pore Refiner
  • Korres Citrus Body Milk


Besides getting some candy to satisfy my sweet tooth, which has Lulu Birchbox squeezed into the design,  the item I am most excited about if Benefit's primer. I have heard some great reviews on the Benefit's products in general and besides my oily nose I do get oily eye lids. It was even one of Lulu's picks. 


This month I thought I would take inspiration from the goodies in the box to create a make up look. The Birchbox bag this month is a minty green and taking into account that Easter is around the corner I thought of this...


My Spring/Summer 2014 look! Of course this has a strong Easter theme influence however taking the simple template and swapping some of the colours can take this look to the next level. I have the 120 Fraulein Eyeshadow Palette which is a great inexpensive tool which can create a diverse number of looks. 

You can easily get any number of template's online by searching Google. I chose this one as there is enough space to mess about and you can also note down the products you use across the face as well as take down any additional notes.


So many colours!


As I want this to be a fun, light and pretty look I stuck with three colours. Mint green, pink/purple and yellow. The mint green I used as a base colour across the lid and slightly winged outwards. The yellow I kept to the inner corner and extended it a bit to the brow bone. The pink/puple was used to create a cut crease but I blended it out so as not to create such a drastic block of colour. To top this eye look off I used Eyeko Skinny Liner in Black to create a double winged look. You can use a matte or shimmery white/pearl colour in between the flicks to mimic the black and white striped hard candy. 

I would use Avon's New Luxe Mascara in Black simply because I am in love with it. However, please note, do not go overboard with the lashes. This is meant to be a soft look. So NO contouring except for the soft pink blush on the cheeks. If you wish you can use additional products to create a peachy complexion. 

My little extra would be the rhinestones or if you are really looking to go the extra mile you could also use fimo canes. To make it a bit trippy you could glue some slices to fake lashes. Klairedelys did a great look for her Seven Deadly Sins series - Gluttony. 

You can find her here: http://www.klairedelys.com/2013/09/06/seven-deadly-sins-gluttony/ 
Finally I would stick to a neutral peach colour on the lips purely because I want to keep the look simple and wearable. If I were to switch it up a bit I would use a hot pink/fuchsia coloured lipstick and maybe a brightly colour eye liner instead of the black.  

So my advice for Spring/Summer...have fun with colour. 




No comments:

Post a Comment